Queen Seondeok’s drama reform
(with still a little hope that I can find a clip of this scene later… ^^; )
Mishi: Jungchun County, Dosal City, Handasa County, Sukham City… do you know where all these places are?
Bidam: Aren’t they the most southern, northern and western ends of our sacred nation?
Mishil: No, no~ They are the places where this Mishil had bled (fighting) for. The places where this Mishil’s beloved fellow warrior comrades, nangdos, soldiers, where their unidentified corpses had been buried! These places are what Shilla is made of. They are the boundaries that King Jinheung and I made possible! This sacred nation’s owner? What do you know, with Sadaham’s love yearning, I had yearned for this sacred nation. And because of this yearning! What it becomes, is just the desire to possess it.
Bidam: Do you still believe you can win? The winner of the current situation is obvious.
Mishi: Even if I can’t win eventually, I won’t allow you all to win easily.
Bidam: Why… must you do this..?
Mishil: Because there’s no reason not to.
Mishil: Snatch it away? But why? If that is revealed, this Mishil could have been so easily destroyed.
Bidam: Stop trying to be a strong enemy, please!
Mishil: Why, why snatch it away, why… what’s your reason?!
Bidam: Because it’s too… cruel. Mother, your whole life has been… so wrong. Decades ago, you… you should have been dead.
*sigh* this is such a powerful scene. More than spamming my empty gag blog or sharing it with any readers out there, I’m purely posting it here for my own convenient enjoyment, over and over again ^^;;.
. . . . .
I am hooked on this sageuk (historical drama)~
So for the time being, my free tv time has shelved variety shows for this.. And here on this gagcon blog, are comic parodies of Queen Seondeok, better appreciated if you too have become a fan like me..
(warning: I’m going to gush..)
Never have I seen so many uniquely crazy characters in a single show.. Especially Go Hyun Jung and the royal sons (Yoo Seung Ho & Kim Nam Gil).
credits: DC Seondeok Gallery – Bidamgil and http://cafe.naver.com/samgreat/4277
credits: DC Queen Seondeok gallery – Miya and Miya님’s Bidam blog
credits: Jisumi님’s blog
Yep I’m crazy over the crazy ones. Now that I have passed the episode 50 mark, I rest my hopes on Kim Namgil and Yoo Seungho … (づ_ど)
While the times spent between royal sisters Deokman and P. Cheonmyeong were meaningfully sad, I’m anticipating some twisted brotherly love and hatred to come between Chunchu and Bidamie. Since I’m only at episode 37 , I must admit I still prefer the character of So Seo No (‘Jumong’) to Deokman currently, but I guess once the characters around her have sort of realised their predestined identities, she will start her path to greatness (?). Now that I have finished episode 50, Chunchu seems to have taken a back seat, and I must admit I feel bored with Deokman and co… I had been intrigued with Mishil and her web of supporters, including :
– the pivotel roles their various hwarang/nandos play (whether to trust Mishil or protect themselves)
– Seolwon-gong who’s repressed calm somehow expresses so much more his admiring love for Mishil
– definitely Chilsuk!! 어찌… how did he time and again, time and again stay by Mishil’s side??!!! Why?? Chilsuk deserves a side story of his own… which reminds me of Gukseon earlier too… really inspiring figures who’s storylines should have been elaborated longer…
– Misaeng-gong.. initially liked his character, it strikes another potentially crazy supplementary character alongside Mishil’s, but now I find him kind of naggy and squeaky.. LOL Jeong Woong In is a good actor, but, yeah, there’s only so many extreme characters a drama can fit in. ^^;
– Deokman and Bidam. I get full of anticipation whenever the twain shall meet (Mi-Deok or Mi-Bi)… the tension more highly-strung when they play the xylophone-tinkling tune in the background.. =D
It’s delicious, the characters in this sageuk, and I’m glad there’s less play on supernatural CG elements ^^;
credit: yc4529님’s blog
back to the Drama Reform… (credits: http://tvlog.tvian.com/dramakim)
———————————————– enjoy the comics~ ———————————————–
Click here for 2 more QSD reforms~